Gilda’s Club Chicago now provides short-term individual counseling for those living with cancer and their caregivers. Counseling sessions can be provided virtually or in person at our Wells Street Clubhouse or Advocate Christ Medical Center Clubhouse.
Short-term counseling is also available in Spanish.
Eligibility for short-term counseling includes, but is not limited to:
- You are living with cancer, the primary caregiver for someone living with cancer, or recently lost someone to cancer.
- You are not currently in individual therapy or a GCC Weekly Group.
- Cancer is your primary stressor/concern.
- You reside within the state of Illinois.
- You are 18 years or older and able to consent to your own mental health care.
Priority will be given to individuals that do not have insurance for counseling or who are unable to afford their deductible.
Individuals interested in short-term counseling should contact Ross Alexander, LCSW, to confirm eligibility and availability.