Become a Member
1. Just call 312-464-9900 to schedule a Customized Membership Plan
2. New members are invited to our monthly Newcomers Breakfast:
- Meet other new members and Gilda’s Club staff
- Learn about the history of the Club
Develop a Customized Member Plan
The first step in becoming a member of Gilda’s Club Chicago is developing a customized member plan for yourself or your family by working with our staff to identify which activities are best suited to your unique needs. By building this customized plan, you can:
- Take a direct role in identifying your needs
- Gain an insight into what you want to achieve from participating in the Gilda's Club program
- Determine if there are any additional resources that can help you and learn how to access them
- Get answers to your questions about Gilda's and what we do
- Have access to the CancerSupportSourceSM distress screening tool
- It's easy to join, and it's free. Click here for membership information
Free Membership with Priceless Benefits
All the activities and educational events we offer are free to attend. With the support of the extensive professional community and our network of volunteers, Gilda's Club Chicago offers activities in five core areas.
- Support – Support groups cover the full spectrum – all age groups, members with a specific diagnosis, friends and family members of someone living with cancer and bereavement groups for members who have lost loved ones. The support provided by the Cancer Support Community is available to individuals and groups both in-person and online.
- Education – Lectures and workshops, led by skilled professionals and physicians, provide information and answer questions about managing cancer and its treatment. These include programs for the classroom, the workplace and the community.
- Healthy Lifestyle – Our wide variety of activities include mind-body, stress-reduction programs, moderate exercise programs, art-related workshops, nutritional awareness and cooking demonstrations.
- Social Connections – Parties and events promote interaction, play, and humor and can include potluck dinners, game days and holiday events for adults and children.
- Resources and Referrals – Extensive resource materials are available, both at the Clubhouse and online, as well as personalized assistance in identifying resources in the community both locally and nationwide.
- Additionally, we now offer the CancerSupportSourceSM distress screening tool to all members living with cancer – CancerSupportSourceSM (CSS) is the first comprehensive distress screening program developed to integrate screening, referral and follow-up care, through a single, streamlined program. CSS provides the member with a Personal Support Care Plan including information and referrals for support services which can be emailed or printed at the Club or at home.
Need Help Parking at One of Our Sites?
- Gilda’s Club Chicago established a Transportation Assistance Program (TAP) to enable those impacted by cancer to access the supportive program provided at the main Clubhouse and/or the various hospital locations where Gilda’s Club Chicago currently conducts weekly programming.
- This program is for members of Gilda's Club Chicago only. Contact Program staff at 312-464-9900 for more information about becoming a member and signing up for the program.